We live in challenging times, and we all experience stress at different levels. Most of us are not aware how deep the effects of stress go. When unaddressed, stress held in the body and mind can lead to acute and degenerative diseases. For many, relaxation has become a forgotten art, but its effects are truly far reaching. Countless studies have shown the benefits of deep relaxation reached during restorative yoga:
- Improvement of memory, concentration and mental clarity.
- Deep relaxation supports and enhances our immune systems to keep us healthy.
- Restorative yoga soothes the nervous system, and reduces the production of harmful stress hormones.
- It releases stress we hold in our bodies.
- Regulates blood pressure.
- Improves circulation and the healthy functioning of the organs.
- Can reduce and relieve the intensity of chronic pain.
- Alleviates discomfort associated with menstruation, pregnancy and menopause.
- Reduces or eliminates depression.
- Reduces or eliminates dependency on medications.
- Relieves or reduces headaches.
- Supports the recovery from illness.
Learning to relax is like working a muscle. Relaxation comes more easily when we pave the way to enter this deep and healing state. Restorative yoga is for everyone and truly a gift of radical self care!
“The reason for paying attention to your body and your interior state is that…the mind deceives, the body never lies. Listen to the wisdom of your body. Hear its truth.There is never a thought, feeling or emotion that does not have a corresponding body sensation. Each experience is imprinted in every cell of our body.” (From the contemplative life program)